We all know that being a mother requires constantly adjusting to a new phase of womanhood. Many of us get stuck shifting gears through the transitions.
I’ve coached over 400 clients in the last thirteen years, supporting women directly in understanding that our children benefit when we are whole. I believe that one of the most selfish things we can do as mothers, is not to share all of who we are with our children because we don’t know ourselves. When we have self identity we add value to the parenting process. It is impossible to model self-worth when it is non-existent for yourself. Practicing self-care is necessary to be the best parent and person possible.
It’s never too late to get your groove back no matter how far off you might seem from yourself. Here are a few tips that I share with my clients:
1. Take small steps in the direction of the change that you want.
2. Don’t compare yourself to other people who seem like they have it more together than you. (Your destiny is not tied to another persons direction.)
3. Make a powerful choice today that can change this current moment.
4. Stop trying to shift everything at once.
5. Celebrate and acknowledge all progress.
Enjoy my short, and lively Periscope live stream on Why Your Children Need You To Get Your Groove Back.